Hearty Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, cubed
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Jambalaya(16)
Sort By :
Am I to assume 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic is dried and not fresh?
I love good Jambalaya . I make a simular recipe by using a basic recipe but adding my own extra ingredients .
We enjoyed this recipe. Next time, we'll add some okra and maybe a few more veggies. Also, we served it with red beans and rice, along with bread for dipping. All in all, very tasty. Thanks!
Big hit with my husband. Much better than an old recipe that I had been using. Thank you for some real *comfort* food.
Considering how ridiculously easy this is to make (no browning necessary, just throw it all in the pot), I expected a 4-star recipe, but it really is divine. So much better than another highly rated one I tried from this site a few weeks ago (Forgotten Jambalaya). Can't wait to make it again and will probably spice it up more. Not that spicy at all with just 1 tsp hot sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >