- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, dressing mix and water; pour over roast. Top with peppers and onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; pour into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes; mash with Alfredo sauce, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with beef and gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hearty Italian Roast with Alfredo Potatoes
Sort By :
"This was pretty good but I can't say outstanding. I did like the convenience of the crockpot, it was just a little bland for our taste."
"This was so easy to throw together and then, like the intro says "let the crockpot dO the work!!" I loved the flavor that the italian dry seasoning mix impacted on the roast, and the alfrdo pottoes were to die for!The only thing I did differently was to cook my roast on the high setting for three hours and then I turned it down to low for 2 hours. It came out perfect! I can't believe this hasn't been rated yet.......it is one AWESOME recipe!!!!"