Hearty Italian Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can or jar (26-1/2 to 30 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup halved sliced pepperoni
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup: 319 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Italian Chili
"My family really liked this chili. It was easy to make and very tasty. To suit our personal tastes, I did add a little bit of sugar and some garlic. I kept everything else the same. Thanks for sharing!"