- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can or jar (26-1/2 to 30 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup halved sliced pepperoni
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forHearty Italian Chili
"My family really liked this chili. It was easy to make and very tasty. To suit our personal tastes, I did add a little bit of sugar and some garlic. I kept everything else the same. Thanks for sharing!"