In her Everett, Ontario kitchen, Nancy Horsburgh blends buttermilk with cornmeal and two kinds of flour to make these filling pancakes that are sure to wake up your family and keep 'em going until lunch. The oats give these golden hotcakes a bit of crunch.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup or topping of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat
- egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or topping of your choice. Yield: 16 hotcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 hotcakes (calculated without toppings) equals 222 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,