Hearty Hominy Recipe
My daughter always asks me to make this dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The recipe came from my sister-in-law.—Marilyn King, Fredonia, Kansas
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine the hominy, chili, onion, corn chips and 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 175 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Hominy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC