Hearty Hitch Roasts Recipe
- 12 pounds beef sirloin tip roast (about 2 inches thick)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon liquid browning sauce
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium green peppers, sliced into rings
- 1. Cut meat into 12 portions; place each on a piece of aluminum foil. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in browning sauce. Pour over roasts. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Arrange onion and green pepper on roasts. Seal foil; place pouches in roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Yield: 6-12 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 630 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 261 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 86 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.