Hearty Hitch Roasts
Cooking these individual roasts in foil keeps the meat moist and tender. The seasonings make every mouthful especially flavorful.—Marlene Thompson, Winchester, Ohio
6-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 12 pounds beef sirloin tip roast (about 2 inches thick)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon liquid browning sauce
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium green peppers, sliced into rings
- Cut meat into 12 portions; place each on a piece of aluminum foil. In
- a saucepan, melt butter; stir in browning sauce. Pour over roasts.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Arrange onion and green
- pepper on roasts. Seal foil; place pouches in roasting pan. Bake at
- 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Yield: 6-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 630 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 261 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 86 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.