Hearty Hitch Roasts Recipe
Cooking these individual roasts in foil keeps the meat moist and tender. The seasonings make every mouthful especially flavorful.Marlene Thompson, Winchester, Ohio
- 12 pounds beef sirloin tip roast (about 2 inches thick)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon liquid browning sauce
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium green peppers, sliced into rings
- Cut meat into 12 portions; place each on a piece of aluminum foil. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in browning sauce. Pour over roasts. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Arrange onion and green pepper on roasts. Seal foil; place pouches in roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Yield: 6-12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Hitch Roasts in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hearty Hitch Roasts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >