Hearty Hash Brown Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Mash vegetables with cooking liquid. Add soup and milk; stir until smooth. Add ham, parsley and garlic salt; simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Hash Brown Soup(3)
Sort By :
Good soup-a bit salty but I added more water and it helped. I would recommend it for something different for supper to try.
I make this quite often, it's so easy and quick to make! I use hashbrowns with red/green pepper.
Made some modifications--only 2 cans of soup and specified low salt/reduced fat cream of chicken soup and instead of bullion, used 4 cups reduced sodium broth.