Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 182 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.