Hearty Hamburger Soup Recipe
"This thick soup, chock-full of veggies and noodles, satisfies my husband's appetite after a busy day on the farm," reports Julie Green of Hull, Iowa. "It's especially handy for us to make because we raise our own beef."
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14 -1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6-3/4 ounces) beef pasta dinner mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer until pasta is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Hamburger Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p17
Reviews for Hearty Hamburger Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2014
A quick, great soup that satisfies. Easy to make personal adaptations.