- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (18.8 ounces) ready-to-serve chunky savory vegetable soup
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and set aside. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, cheese and remaining stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHearty Hamburger Casserole
"I needed a quick meal. Found this. I luckily had all of the ingredients. I used cornbread stuffing which husband really liked. Will definitely be making this again."
"Made this for supper last night ~ used Campbell's Chunky Old Fashioned Vegetable with Beef soup, and generic brand (wal mart) stuffing mix. My husband thought it was great! Personally, it had no flavor, and definitely **missing** something. Will make again, adding herbs, maybe onion or garlic to give it a more like home flavor."
"Wow! Love this recipe! Easy, fast, and very flavorful! Next time i may double the stuffing so i have more the crust...but delicious meal and will make again!"