"When our granddaughter needed sandwiches for a gathering after a high-school dance, I created this recipe," says Rena Charmasson of Woodward, Oklahoma. "Now these sandwiches and some soup make a nice meal for me and my husband, Claude."
Recommended: 25 of Our Cheesiest Recipes Ever
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 8 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard and onion. Spread on four slices of bread. Layer with ham and cheese; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Ham Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p54
Reviews for Hearty Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review