I've been making this pie for a few years now. I like to vary the vegetables and meat depending on what I have on hand. I've made it with leftover turkey, sausage and lamb roast. In summer, it's a perfect brunch meal with a salad; in winter, add a loaf of homemade bread for a great dinner.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and cheese. Combine eggs and cream; pour over ham and cheese. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If needed, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excess browning. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Ham Pie in Country Extra March 1995, p49
Reviews for Hearty Ham Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review