Hearty Ham Omelet Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar or process American cheese
- 1. In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, cook green pepper, ham, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; remove from skillet and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs with milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over half the omelet. Top with half of the cheese. Fold omelet in half over filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve on a warm platter. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 297 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 368 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Ham Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.