- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar or process American cheese
- In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, cook green pepper, ham, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; remove from skillet and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs with milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over half the omelet. Top with half of the cheese. Fold omelet in half over filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve on a warm platter. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Ham Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Ham Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2011
This is the best omelet I hve ever had.
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
Very impressive looking. I love to watch the expressions on diners' faces when I set this omelet before them. It's as tasty as it looks too.