Hearty Ham Loaf Recipe
"THIS is a recipe that comes from my father's side of the family. It's a simple dish to make, good for just about any occasion. The sauce makes the meat especially flavorful. For me, this recipe brings back all kinds of memories of my childhood days in Nebraska. I hope you'll enjoy it in your home over and over again, so it can create some memories for you as well."
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 25 crackers)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crackers, milk, eggs and pepper. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Baste loaf occasionally after first 20 minutes of baking. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 301 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Ham Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC