Hearty Ham Kabobs Recipe
—Gloria Houghton, Winter Park, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. On four to six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the ham, tomatoes, green pepper, pineapple and onion.
- 2. Combine salad dressing and Worcestershire sauce; baste kabobs. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until heated through, basting with salad dressing mixture and turning once. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 278 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,287 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC