Hearty Ham Casserole Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Peel and cube; set aside. Cook the broccoli according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add flour and pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in ham, soup, potatoes and broccoli.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Hearty Ham Casserole(1)
Sort By :
Been quite some time since I've made this, always goes over well! i usually make only half recipe since we are empty nesters. I use the 3 cups chopped broccoli as recipe calls for, and full can **cream of** soup. Cream celery soup works very well, too. How 'bout trying it out on your family!!