Hearty Ham Balls
A very special lady shared this recipe with me. She asked me to make these ham balls when I cooked at her nursing home. Everyone enjoyed them thereany my family does too.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, eggs and milk; crumble
- the ham, beef and pork over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 48
- balls. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ham balls. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until browned and meat
- juices run clear, basting several times. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 352 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.