Hearty Ham and Potato Omelet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup diced cooked potato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add ham and potato; cook and stir until potato is lightly browned. Stir in the cheese, milk, horseradish and bacon; cook until cheese is melted. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, spoon potato mixture over half of the omelet. Fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Ham and Potato Omelet
Sort By :
I love this omelet, I use o.oil in place of the butter, and add diced green onions, mushrooms and red peppers to brighten it up and the rest the same. i think that makes a wonderful flavorful combination,
very hearty. thanks for posting.
It's easy to substitute the ingredients and make a healthy version.
Your breakfasts are very high in calories. Most people should only eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day and for an omelet or wrap to have over 500, that's an awful lot