Hearty Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or process American cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour over the ham mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 377 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Ham and Potato Casserole
"Very easy, inexpensive delicious casserole! A great way to use leftover ham!"
"My whole family enjoyed this recipe and it was a good way to use leftover ham."
"This is a great recipes to make especially with ham left over from holidays. You can easily make it when at night when everyone has gone home and then freeze it for a later dinner the following week so you don't get burned out on leftovers."