- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the next nine ingredients. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Stir in soup and tomato paste; cover and cook for 1 hour longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Ground Beef Stew
"Yum! Used ground turkey, chicken broth instead of water, omitted tomato soup. Used 4 potatoes, added 2 stalks of chopped celery and half a chopped onion.I put everything in all at once, instead of stirring in the tomato paste in the last hour.Healthy and tasty, doesn't even need a side dish!"
"Tried this recipe because it called for many things I already had at the time. It was SO delicious! My boyfriend absolutely loved it! Thank you so much for sharing. Will definitely be using this recipe time and time again!"
"This was delicious. & smelled so good while it was cooking.A keeper."
"This dish was a huge hit. My 13 mth. old just loved it. I have made beef stew on the stove top many times. This recipe was excellent. Loved being able to do something new with ground beef. I used beef broth instead of water, other than that I followed the recipe to the word. Definite make again meal."
"So yummy! This easy stew tempts you as you walk in the door after a long day at work...smells and tastes wonderful. I love putting this together quickly and coming home to a hearty meal."