Hearty Ground Beef Salad Recipe
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup V8 or tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the kidney beans, V8 juice, chili powder, sugar and salt; heat through.
- Divide lettuce between two salad bowls or plates. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and olives if desired. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Ground Beef Salad
Sort By :
"This was pretty good. A bit on the mild side. I think next time, instead of the tomato juice, I will make sure to have V-8 on hand or even snappy tom. Needs more chilli powder for my taste, or a shake or 2 of tobasco. but over all, a good starter recipe to work off of and make your own. I also added some sliced avocado on the side."