This compote is packed with so many kinds of fruits it's almost a meal in itself!
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cinnamon sticks (2 inches)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, cook and stir apple juice and cinnamon stick until mixture boils. Remove from the heat; add plums and apricots.Cover and let stand for 6 hours or overnight or until fruit is soft. Remove cinnamon stick. Add orange peel, orange, grapefruit, apple, banana, orange juice and brown sugar; mix well. Pour into serving bowl. Top with walnuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Fruit Compote in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p88
Reviews for Hearty Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review