Hearty French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 boneless beef rump roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed French onion soup
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. Pour soup over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain and return to the slow cooker. Heat through.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine the butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; spread over bread.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Layer bread bottom with mozzarella cheese, beef and onion. Replace bread top; cut into eight portions. Serve with cooking juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hearty French Dip Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
Love this recipe! The sandwiches are VERY filling =)
The most delecious french dip sandwich I have ever eaten. My husband loved it, too. All night he told me what a great dinner I made!
This recipe was a huge hit, both with my husband and at a Super Bowl party.
I added a bay leaf, and a tsp crushed rosemary & thyme, as well as some garlic cloves and peppercorns. The Parmesan/butter spread on the bread really added something. I will be making this again, and again, and again!!