Hearty Fajitas Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry steak and chicken in oil. Add the shrimp, peppers, onions, tomatoes, chili powder and salt; cook until meat juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook refried beans and cheese until cheese is melted. Spoon over tortillas; top with meat mixture. Yield: 14 fajitas.
1 each: 409 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Hearty Fajitas
"This is wonderful. My kids loved it too. More refried beans is helpful."
"So easy and so delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.