Hearty English Muffins
"My husband and I enjoy these quick bites for breakfast before we start work on our dairy farm," says Christine Weber of Palmerston, Ontario. She suggests topping them with pizza sauce or a squirt of ketchup.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until
- eggs are completely set.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook until crisp.
- Place two bacon pieces on each English muffin half; top with eggs.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 492 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 572 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.