Hearty English Muffins Recipe
"My husband and I enjoy these quick bites for breakfast before we start work on our dairy farm," says Christine Weber of Palmerston, Ontario. She suggests topping them with pizza sauce or a squirt of ketchup.
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Pour into a nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook until crisp. Place two bacon pieces on each English muffin half; top with eggs. Yield: 2 servings.
2 piece: 492 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 572mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Hearty English Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC