- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Eight-Layer Salad
Sort By :
"ive made this recipe several times, its always a big hit!!! Even my picky eaters not only love it but also request it!!!"
"This salad always gets compliments from the many people I have made it for... Many are surprised how well the pasta and lettuce go together. I make it in a 9 x 13 glass pan -- it's easier to dish out and your sure to get a taste of all ingredients. This is a favorite for sure!"
"This is a big hit whenever I make it. I usually omit the peas and it's still delicious"
"I love making layered salads. I liked the added ingredient of pasta. I made this for a brunch and my girlfriends loved it and all asked for the recipe."