Hearty Eight-Layer Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 417 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Hearty Eight-Layer Salad
"ive made this recipe several times, its always a big hit!!! Even my picky eaters not only love it but also request it!!!"
"This salad always gets compliments from the many people I have made it for... Many are surprised how well the pasta and lettuce go together. I make it in a 9 x 13 glass pan -- it's easier to dish out and your sure to get a taste of all ingredients. This is a favorite for sure!"
"This is a big hit whenever I make it. I usually omit the peas and it's still delicious"
"I love making layered salads. I liked the added ingredient of pasta. I made this for a brunch and my girlfriends loved it and all asked for the recipe."
"Just found a new fave salad!! This is sooo good - did exactly as the recipe said except I omitted the eggs because my Hubby can't stand them! Went down really well and the leftovers are great the next day too."
"I get compliments on this every time i bring it to a family gathering. It is good!"
"Looks very pretty on a buffet, and is delicious! Have made it several times and have had requests for this recipe."
"This is AMAZING! I substituted red onion for the green onions, and turkey for the salami - fabulous!"
"I got this recipe from a friend, except her recipe called for italian dressing instead of oil, and cheddar instead of Monterey or Colby. For the meat she uses whatever lunch meat she has, cut into strips. It is sooooo good!"
"I remember eating this a very long time ago when I was a kid- glad to see someone is still sharing it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.