Hearty Eight-Layer Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 417 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Eight-Layer Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.