Hearty Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese, spinach and mushrooms. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 297 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.