Hearty Cream of Mushroom Soup
Carolyn Zimmerman of Fairbury, Illinois lets the earthy mushroom flavor shine in this rich and hearty soup. It’ll have you arguing over who gets the last serving!
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small
- saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- Gradually add milk and reserved broth. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until melted and soup is heated
- through. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon, reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 259 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.