Hearty Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Carolyn Zimmerman of Fairbury, Illinois lets the earthy mushroom flavor shine in this rich and hearty soup. It’ll have you arguing over who gets the last serving!
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and reserved broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Cream of Mushroom Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p25
Reviews for Hearty Cream of Mushroom Soup(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >