- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and reserved broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Hearty Cream of Mushroom Soup
"great, thick and very creamy. I think you could get away with a bit less cream cheese...but it is a lovely soup."
"We used 3 tablespoons of butter and 8 ounces of cream cheese, and it turned out delicious!"
"Really good and so easy. I used less butter, more onions and only 4 oz cream cheese because that's what I had."