Hearty Country Burgers Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cola, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- In a small skillet, saute the garlic in oil for 1 minute or until golden. Stir in 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 tablespoon cola, orange juice and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside for basting.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder and remaining lime juice and cola; mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with sauce. During the last 2 minutes, top burgers with cheese and bacon. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Country Burgers
Sort By :
"This recipe uses unusual ingredients to create a fantastic tasting burger! Orange juice, garlic, soy sauce and cola make these burgers extremely moist and full of flavor in every bite. I also mix an egg into the beef to help them hold together better. Fantastic! Try for yourself and see, you won't be disappointed!"