Hearty Corn Pudding Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn, bacon and onions. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 241 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Corn Pudding
"Just read this and want to make it for dinner tonight. But I will have to improvise a bit - have only frozen corn, will use the whole pack, putting half of it into the blender to simulate (I hope!) creamed corn; I have half 'n half (fat-free), will use that instead of cream; finely chopped Spanish onion - no scallions in the house just now. The seasonings sound perfect - a mix of hot and sweet. And I can't wait to try it with the maple syrup!! Wow - speaking of comfort food!"
"This has become a family favorite! It's good enough that that we don't put any maple syrup on it. I have also used regular onion before."
"I cut the sugar to 1 1/2 T. and used frozen corn instead of canned whole kernel corn and did not use the optional maple syrup. It was delicious and a wonderful creamy texture!"