- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn, bacon and onions. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Corn Pudding
"Just read this and want to make it for dinner tonight. But I will have to improvise a bit - have only frozen corn, will use the whole pack, putting half of it into the blender to simulate (I hope!) creamed corn; I have half 'n half (fat-free), will use that instead of cream; finely chopped Spanish onion - no scallions in the house just now. The seasonings sound perfect - a mix of hot and sweet. And I can't wait to try it with the maple syrup!! Wow - speaking of comfort food!"
"This has become a family favorite! It's good enough that that we don't put any maple syrup on it. I have also used regular onion before."
"I cut the sugar to 1 1/2 T. and used frozen corn instead of canned whole kernel corn and did not use the optional maple syrup. It was delicious and a wonderful creamy texture!"