Hearty Corn Pudding Recipe
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn, bacon and onions. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Corn Pudding(2)
Sort By :
This has become a family favorite! It's good enough that that we don't put any maple syrup on it. I have also used regular onion before.
I cut the sugar to 1 1/2 T. and used frozen corn instead of canned whole kernel corn and did not use the optional maple syrup. It was delicious and a wonderful creamy texture!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Pudding >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >