Corn is a staple around our house in summer-and so is this comforting dish. Every year, we grow corn in our backyard garden. I keep several packages of our homegrown corn in the freezer so I can make recipes like this in any season.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn, bacon and onions. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Corn Pudding in Country Woman July/August 2003, p31
Reviews for Hearty Corn Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review