Hearty Corn Chowder Recipe
"EVERYONE in my wife's family is a corn lover, so her mom came up with this wonderful recipe to satisfy their appetites. With the bacon, sausage and potatoes, it's hearty enough to be a one-pot meal, but it's also really good with the chicken."
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 ounces Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2. Saute celery and onion in drippings until onion is lightly browned. Add potatoes and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in corn, milk, sausage, dill and bacon. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 389 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC