Hearty Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 ounces Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until onion is lightly browned. Add potatoes and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in corn, milk, sausage, dill and bacon. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Corn Chowder(7)
Sort By :
Fantastic recipe. Very easy to throw together and so very tasty. I used Mini Smokies and 3/4 lb of bacon and it's just perfect. My hubby likes it so I know it's good!!
I doubled this recipe and used less dill weed. I also added bacon because my family loves bacon, and subscribe to the "you can never have too much" theory. :)
I made this recipe, this morning for lunch on a hot summer day! I love anything with corn in it and this chowder is out of this world! I love it, I can't wait til my husband try's it! I added 1/2 cup more water to make it a little more soupy but still a great hearty texture! Thanks taste of home for this wonderful recipe!
LOVE IT! I did modify it a bit, I added jalapeno diced, a pinch of cayenne and then at the end I added some pulled chicken breast, instead of sausage - meal in a pot!
Terrific recipe! This was very easy and tasty. My kids ate it up. I did add a dash of cracked pepper just prior to serving.