- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 ounces smoked sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until onion is lightly browned. Add potatoes and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in corn, milk, sausage, dill and bacon. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Corn Chowder
Sort By :
"Great soup. Used 3 ears of fresh sweet corn. ( cooked ) I had no bacon so I sauted the veggies in some reserved drippings from the sausage. I also thickened mine up with a small amount of corn starch.. I had no creamed corn on hand but my ears of corn rendered more than 2 cups. Very pleasing and it is chunky *I liked the addition of the Dill. Though I did use less.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer FE"
"I made this Corn Chowder tonight and we found it to be very good ! We all agreed that this was worth having again ! I did not use the dill weed because I had none . I did add more whole milk to make it more soupy as I was afraid that I would burn it . I served it with ritz crackers ."
"Omitted the dill. But loved the chowder! It was amazing!"
"Fantastic recipe. Very easy to throw together and so very tasty. I used Mini Smokies and 3/4 lb of bacon and it's just perfect. My hubby likes it so I know it's good!!"
"I doubled this recipe and used less dill weed. I also added bacon because my family loves bacon, and subscribe to the "you can never have too much" theory. :)"