Hearty Confetti Breakfast Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and seasonings in butter and oil until vegetables are golden brown and tender. With the back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; add an egg to each well. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 297 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.