Start your day the right way with a glass of orange juice and this all-in-one potato-and-egg skillet. Or serve it with iced tea as an easy weeknight dinner. —Lori Merrick, Danvers, Illinois
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and seasonings in butter and oil until vegetables are golden brown and tender. With the back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; add an egg to each well. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Confetti Breakfast in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p62
Reviews for Hearty Confetti Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review