Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup(40)
Sort By :
Great meal on a cold Sunday. I went by the recipe and made cornbread to accompany this soup. My husband and I enjoyed the spice. If I had company, I would probably only use one chipotle pepper and not two or just add the adobe sauce. Very good flavor and easy to put together. I think this would be great with tortilla chips and cheese. Taste of Home has helped me preparing great meals.
We usually like things spicy, but this soup was waaaay too spicy for us. I doctored it up by adding an extra can of broth, beans, & tomatoes. Doing so made it more edible, but still quite spicy even with the doctoring up. Sorry, I really wanted to like this.
Very tasty and so easy to make. Love the chipotle pepper flavor.
We love it, is sooooo good We give it lot higher than 5 stars
My family agreed that this is even better than my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, which we love. Even my 6 & 10 yr olds ate it up. I used 1 can of black beans instead of the pinto beans. I put the cilantro in a separate bowl for those of us who do like it. You could use diced tomatoes with green chilies if you can't find the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or fire roasted tomatoes, but it would definitely alter that delicious smokey flavor. I agree that the adobo sauce already in the can of peppers is plenty so no need to buy extra.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >