Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
1-2/3 cups with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 287 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.