This thick chili is perfect for tailgate parties or on a cold winter evening. I like to serve it in bowls filled with rice, then top with crushed saltine crackers and shredded cheddar cheese.—Louise Jacino, East Moriches, New York
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) Italian tomato paste
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onions over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, soup, tomato paste, peas, chili powder, cumin, oregano, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Chili with a Twist in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p22
Reviews for Hearty Chili with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review