Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cans (two 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen chopped okra
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons salt
- 1. In a stock pot, saute green peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 cup: 199 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1360mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup
"Very nice and tasty recipe. I made some revisions by adding herbs. I also re-ordered the sequence for adding vegetables. But, its still a very nice basic recipe!"
"best chicken soup"