- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cans (two 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen chopped okra
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons salt
- In a stock pot, saute green peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup in Country Extra September 1999, p51
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"Very nice and tasty recipe. I made some revisions by adding herbs. I also re-ordered the sequence for adding vegetables. But, its still a very nice basic recipe!"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2010
"best chicken soup"