- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning and basil.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
"I sauteed the onions and I used fresh mushrooms. Absolutely, scrumptious!"
"Full of flavor and really delicious! We used gouda instead of swiss and I think next time we will saute the veggies before mixing it all together."
"Made this the other day and it was wonderful a keeper for sure the only change I will make next time is to salute the onions first as they were not quite cooked through in the 20 min of cooking time otherwise wonderful will be making again"
"This looks very good, am going to try it this week, was wondering....what is everyone using for the steak seasoning?"
"I left out the red peppers and Swiss cheese. I added provolone. Lived this!"