- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning and basil.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
"This looks so good! After reading all of the reviews, I'm definitely going to make it this week! The only thing I may do different is shred the chicken instead of cubing it (personal preference)."
"I sauteed the onions and I used fresh mushrooms. Absolutely, scrumptious!"
"Full of flavor and really delicious! We used gouda instead of swiss and I think next time we will saute the veggies before mixing it all together."
"Made this the other day and it was wonderful a keeper for sure the only change I will make next time is to salute the onions first as they were not quite cooked through in the 20 min of cooking time otherwise wonderful will be making again"
"This looks very good, am going to try it this week, was wondering....what is everyone using for the steak seasoning?"
"I left out the red peppers and Swiss cheese. I added provolone. Lived this!"
"I thought about making this recipe, but then I looked at the nutritional information. I do not consider myself that health conscious, but there is no way that I would serve this to anyone that I love (i.e., anyone that I want to live). The recipe contains 25 grams of fat per serving (per 1 and 1/3 cups). I would imagine that most people would ultimately consume about 100 grams of fat per meal, correct? One serving of the meal also contains roughly half the sodium that a person should consume in one day. In light of the fact that a person is not going to just eat one serving, I would imagine that with this one meal, you would ultimately consume twice as much sodium as you're supposed to have in a whole day. I just cannot believe that something so unhealthy can receive so many positive reviews on this website. I love my family way too much to serve them up a heart attack."
"Loved this. I added fresh spinach, since I had a bunch in the frig. My husband and I would definitely like to have this again."
"My husband is a picky Cajun, but when I made this...he LOVED it, and so did my kids. He even asked me the other day, when I was going to cook this again. It tasted as good as a restaurant meal, really! Instead of onion, I used minced onion, and used Mexican shredded, and cheddar cheese. I used half a can of Rotel, as well. I didn't care for the basil. Next time I won't use it. Everything else was perfect. Definitely a comfort food! :)"