Hearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
This gooey casserole is so hearty and homey, second helpings are a must! —Lynne German, Cumming, Georgia
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning and basil.
- 2. Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 549 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 957 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC