Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas Recipe
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and pesto. Top each pita with onion mixture; spread pesto mixture evenly over onion layer.
- 4. Top with the chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 507 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas
"We love this pizza recipe! We grill our own chicken (either marinated in italian dressing or rubbed with italian seasoning). We also steam the tomatoes before adding them on top."
"?I just love Pizza ... by far my favorite food so this recipe looks excellent!!!"
"The Best Recipe"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.