Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas Recipe
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and pesto. Top each pita with onion mixture; spread pesto mixture evenly over onion layer.
- 4. Top with the chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza equals 507 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.