Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas
Brimming with toppings, these loaded personal pizzas are best served with a knife and fork. They’ll be a hit! Thanks to Joanna Burke of Culpeper, Virginia for the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for
- 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and pesto. Top each pita with
- onion mixture; spread pesto mixture evenly over onion layer.
- Top with the chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 7-9 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 507 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium,